How many hours of paraeducator training are available per year?
- 36.3% of survey respondents receive only 1-5 hours of training.
- 11.3% receive 6-10 hours of training,
- 8.8% receive 11-15 hours of training,
- 15% receive 15-20 hours of training, and
- 28.8% receive more than 20 hours of training.
When asked about the topics of paraeducator training we received the following responses:
- 52.9% on Orientation,
- 72.1% on Classroom Managment,
- 61.8% on Reading, Writing, Mathematics,
- 77.9% on Roles and Responsibilities, and
- 50% on Teaming.
In the other category responses included first aid, safety, disability specific training (autism specifically) and technology.
Is credit (university/community college) or a certificate of completion provided when training is completed?
On this question 39.4% of you answered Yes and 60.6% answered No.
What credit (university/community college) or a certificate of completion is provided?
This question was open ended and the primary response was a certificate of completion.
Thanks again to everyone who filled out the survey, stay tuned for another one in our next newsletter.