The Call for Papers for the 2008 Conference is now available. The theme for this year's conference is:
United We Educate, PATHS to the Future-
Paraprofessional, Administrator, Teacher, Higher Education, & Other Stakeholders
Conference registration is also now available.
If you are interested in presenting at this year's conference, we look forward to receiving your proposal. We are especially interested in topics that address the following subjects:
- Statewide assessment activities designed to meet requirements of federal legislation, i.e., No Child Left Behind and IDEA.
- Hierarchies of skill and knowledge competencies required to work in different levels of paraprofessional positions.
- Paraprofessional roles in various staffing arrangements and program areas.
- Training and professional development opportunities for paraprofessionals.
- Development of effective partnerships among provider agencies, 2- and 4-year colleges, unions, and other stakeholders.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!