- Para News
- Message Board
- Para Products
- State Resources
Paraeducator Training Manuals
DISCOUNT TRAINING MANUALS. PLEASE CONTACT CONNIE BECK AT CONNIE@NRCPARA.ORG TO ORDER TODAY!!
The National Resource Center publishes six different paraprofessional training manuals, including our Core Curriculum for Paraprofessionals. The goal of these instructional materials is to provide personnel developers and trainers with resources they can use to improve the performance of their paraeducator workforce.
The manuals below are available from our online storefront :
- A Training Program: To Prepare Teachers to Supervise and Work Effectively With Paraeducator Personnel
- A Core Curriculum and Training Program to Prepare Paraeducators to Work in Inclusive Classrooms Serving School-Age Students with Disabilities
- A Core Curriculum and Training Program to Prepare Paraeducators to Work in Transitional Services and Supported Employment Progams
- A Core Curriculum and Training Program to Prepare Paraeducators to Work in Center- and Home-Based Programs for Young Children With Disabilities From Birth to Age 5
The manuals below are available from our printable order form:
- Strengthening & Supporting Teacher/Provider- Paraeducator Teams: Guidelines for Paraeducator Roles, Supervision and Preparation
- A Core Curriculum and Training Program to Prepare Paraeducators to Work with Learners Who Have Limited English Proficiency
The content in the instructional programs is based on a core curriculum that recognizes the generic nature of the competencies paraeducators must demonstrate to work in various education and related services programs. The individual training programs focus on the specific skills paraeducators must have to work with children and youth of different ages, who have different levels of disabilities and who have different learning needs. Also available is a training manual to help teachers gain a better understanding of their new roles and to prepare them to supervise and work more effectively with paraeducators. All materials have been extensively field-tested throughout the United States.