Who We Serve
We serve paraeducators; teachers; policymakers and administrators; other education professionals; occupational, physical and speech-language therapists; early childhood specialists; personnel developers in 2 & 4 year colleges and universities; and other stakeholders.
Our mission is to address policy questions and other needs of the field, provide technical assistance and share information about policy questions, management practices, regulatory procedures, and training models that will enable administrators and staff-developers to improve the recruitment, deployment, supervision, and career development of paraeducators.
What Do We Do?
- A national conference that provides training and dissemination of materials and information
- Online community and paraeducator information through our website
- Direct training for paraeducators and teachers
- Keynote addresses for conferences
- Seminars for administrators
- Validated training materials
- Technical assistance to facilitate the development of state and local systems and infrastructures
- The New Directions Newsletter
- Collaborating with federal agencies on issues related to the recruitment, training and supervision of paraeducators.