Welcome to the National Resource Center for Paraeducators website!
Our goals are to:
- Bring together employers, personnel developers, unions, professional organizations, paraeducators, parents and other advocates for improving services for all children and youth to develop systems and personnel practices that will encourage skilled paraeducators to remain in the field and, if desired, to pursue future teaching careers.
- Provide training and resources to paraeducators; teachers; policymakers and administrators; other education professionals; occupational, physical and speech-language therapists; early childhood specialists; personnel developers in colleges and universities; and other stakeholders to improve outcomes for all students.
Want to know more? Check out our About Page.
Subscribe to our FREE newsletter!
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Browse Posts by Categories:
Or check out our most Recent Posts:
- 2021-22 Regional Conference Leadership Meetings SummaryThe 2021-22 NRCP Leadership Meetings were held prior to each of the NRCP regional conferences and were open to National/State Paraeducator Leaders. Such leaders are people who are engaged in activities to promote paraeducator leadership at a variety of levels within their respective school districts, states, or countries. For example: State staff. State or regional … Read more
- Thank you to our Fabulous Conference Sponsor–The IRIS Center!Free Online Professional Development with the IRIS Center You’ve probably got a lot on your mind right now. Maybe your school is open for face-to-face learning, maybe it’s operating virtually, or perhaps moving back and forth between the two. A few of your students have been acting out recently, and you’ve been asked to collect … Read more
- 2021-22 Regional Conferences SummaryIn October of 2021, 225 participants from 16 states registered for our Western Regional Conference. The Central Regional Conference, held in December 2021, attracted 63 registrants from 10 states. Our NRCP Eastern Regional Conference had 134 participants from 20 states, including Bermuda. In total, 421 participants from 33 states across the nation registered for … Read more
- Amazing Feedback from the Eastern Regional Conference!Our third Regional conference was held January 12-13th. There were over 130 participants registered from over 20 states including Bermuda, California and Kentucky. This conference was held in the Eastern time zone in the evening hours. Here is some of the amazing feedback we received when participants were asked “what they enjoyed most” about day … Read more
- Great Feedback from the Central Regional Conference!Over 60 participants from 9 States registered for our Central Regional conference, held December 8th -9th. When asked what they enjoyed most about the conference, participants responded with: “Overall, I enjoyed all the topics of the conference.” “The laughing yoga” “I found Matthew Wappett’s presentation on stress and laughter to be very engaging, informative, and … Read more
- Regional Conference Leadership MeetingsThe NRCP Leadership Meetings are open to “National/State Paraeducator Leaders”, that is, people who are engaged in activities to promote paraeducator leadership at a variety of levels within their respective districts, states or countries. For example, state staff; state or regional training and TA staff; higher education personnel; persons promoting leadership through involvement in various … Read more
- Great Turnout for NRCP Western Regional Conference!Over 225 participants from 16 States registered for our Western Regional conference, held October 26-28th and we have been getting excellent feedback including: “The conference was exceptional and has offered me more opportunities to better serve my kids. I will be working on my team skills as well as my personal health and abilities. I’m … Read more
- Regional Paraeducator Virtual Conference SessionsOur upcoming Regional Conferences will highlight four amazing sessions with outstanding presenters. We hope you are all excited for the three Regional Conferences to be held in October, December and January. Check here for dates and registration links: https://nrcpara.org/conference/ Session 1: NO! DON’T! STOP! … So How Exactly is That Working for You? “Says and … Read more
- The Center for Technical Assistance for Excellence in Special EducationThe National Resource Center for Paraeducators is excited to call the Center for Technical Assistance for Excellence in Special Education (TAESE) home (as of January 2021). Do not worry! The NRCP is still located in beautiful northern Utah at the Utah State University campus. TAESE is part of the Technical Assistance Division for the Institute … Read more
- Calling all Paraeducators!Join us BEGINNING Fall 2021 for 2 days of virtual professional learning, networking, & support. Teachers, administrators, parents, policymakers, representatives of colleges, universities, unions, and other professional organizations are welcome too! SAVE THE DATES!! Western Regional Conference October 27-28, 2021 Western Leadership Meeting October 26th Register Here: https://cvent.me/0K9xoZ Central Regional NRCP Conference December 8-9, 2021 Central … Read more